Must you be born with this talent, or can you learn how to command a room?
According to Suzanne Bates, author of Speak Like a CEO, Motivate Like a CEO, and Discover Your CEO Brand, you don’t have to be a natural-born speaker to develop a compelling communication style all your own. Additionally, it’s one thing to speak effectively and yet another to motivate an organization to results. So how can you develop these skills? Here are just a few pointers from Suzanne:
- Overcome pressure and project a relaxed, comfortable presence
- Warm up any meeting and keep your audience engaged
- Inspire people to embrace and share your vision
- Speak with energy and confidence in tough situations
- Turn challenges into opportunities
Learn more from Suzanne at her upcoming luncheon, hosted by the New American Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday, September 26, 2012. Sign up now and mention McGraw-Hill to receive member pricing: http://bit.ly/U9splV