The Business Group here at McGraw-Hill Education had another great year, with our books and e-books continuing to win major awards and influence the conversations about innovation, management, technology, and finance around the world. Here are the highlights for 2014:
For the second consecutive year, author Karen Martin has won the prestigious Shingo Research and Professional Publication Award, this time for her new work, Value Stream Mapping.
We are recognized by leading publications such as USA TODAY and have two works on the 2014 Best Book Awards for Business. They are Dual Momentum Trading by Gary Antonacci and Epic Content Marketing by Joe Pulizzi. Pulizzi was also awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award from The Content Council.
A number of titles were chosen by Inc.com with over 7 million monthly visitors- for their annual Best Business Books list which was also published by Time Magazine. These books are:
- HOW TO BE A POWER CONNECTOR/Robinett
- THE POWER OF VISUAL STORYTELLING/Walter
- GLOBAL CONTENT MARKETING/Didner
Soundview Exectuive Book Summaries selected three of our titles as Best Business Books of 2014:
- Choosing Change /McFarland
- Coaching for Breakthrough Success/Canfield
The Other Talk by Prosch received several prestigious awards:
- Books for Better Living Award Winner
- National Mature Media Awards- The SILVER AWARD. This is the nations largest awards program that annually recognizes the best marketing, communications, educational materials and programs for adults age 50 and older
- 2014 Living Now Book Awards- The SILVER AWARD in Mature Living/Aging category. These awards are designed to honor the year’s best books that help readers attain healthier, more fulfilling, and productive lives.
Additional awards and accolades from the business list this year include:
- 12 Business Books You Will Need to Read in 2014 – @Huffington Post by Wharton Prof Adam Grant: Everything Connects /Hoque
- Adam Grant also included Speaker, Leader, Champion and The Key in his list of Cant-Miss Business Books for Spring and Summer- to over 64,000+ followers: http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140303122018-69244073-can-t-miss-business-books-for-spring-and-summer
- Wall Street Journals Five Books on the Crisis Reading List: The Financial Crisis and the Free Market Cure/Allison
- Wall Street Journal columnist Jason Zweig included this McGraw-Hill classic in his Best Books for Investors: Security Analysis/ Graham
- Featured in a new collection of 100 Influential Books Every Communication Major Must Read: Highly Recommended/Rand
- Axiom Book Awards in Human Resources/Employee Training: The Crowdsourced Performance Review/Mosely
- Nominated for Sales and Marketing Book of the Year: Changing the Sales Conversation/Richardson
- CMI Award (Chartered Management Institute) Book of the Year competition: Tke Key/Gratton
We have had a great year on national bestseller lists:
- Outsource Smart/ Michaels: New York Times
- NEVER FLY SOLO /Waldman: Washington Post
- BECOMING YOUR BEST/ Shallenberger: USA Today, Washington Post, and IndieBound
- FIZZ / Wright: USA Today and IndieBound
Looking forward to more success and bestsellers in 2015! Thank you to everyone!